Friday, October 12, 2007

To Muck Or Not To Muck?

After a manus is completed in online poker you'll never happen me showing my cards, win or lose, to the remainder of the table. I always muck. In fact my scenes are pre-selected to "always muck". You pay to see my cards, and if I've lost a manus online there can be no ground to demo my beaten hand. But now I inquire myself if this is the best strategy? Because there are times in poker when it pays to show. That's certainly true in live-game poker, but what about the online variety, which is a very different animal? Let's expression at this in more than detail, especially as it refers to online poker.

There are three very good grounds to demo your manus when you have got won a pot. The first is to make confusion in the heads of your foes. The 2nd is to supply artful information. The 3rd ground is to acquire under everyone's skin, and hopefully force some mediocre yokel over the border and on tilt. An illustration is when you win a manus with a stone bluff. You publicize those rags. Players are wondering how you could remain in with such as slop, never mind bet, raise, or re-raise. Players might inquire out loud, and even acquire slightly miffed. All the better.

There are times when you desire to demo only 1 of your hole cards, something you cannot make on any of the online poker rooms, at least not to my cognition (as yet - short letter to poker software system developers: add that functionality, namely "show one hole card only". It could be to online poker what the double-click was to computers, and if there are any royalties you cognize where to happen me.) Sol this is a maneuver of misinformation that lone plant in a live-game, and it can work very well.

Showing your cards can also be a forward-thinking strategy at your local card room in that it assists to make a table character for you. Players now believe you play very loose based on that bluff, and adjacent time you come up out fire it will be tough for them to set you on any hand. This is advisable if you're about to pass a long session facing a mostly static table.

Now for the cons of showing your cards online. First of all the value of a table character is diminished in online poker because of the incredibly high charge per unit of player turnover. You're advertising for people who won't be there in five proceedings time, allow alone five hours time, and who probably are not paying attending in any case. The fact is that in a figure of online games the lone players who will detect your manus are those still in the pot. The others have got run to the kitchen before the cards are in the air for the adjacent hand. Showing your cards online frequently looks like inexperience and nil more.

I believe a good player additions a batch by seeing other player's cards at the decision of a hand, and my advice to rookies or even intermediate online players is to never demo unless you are compelled. The good players already have got an border over you - why give them an even larger advantage? There is no greater mark of failing then when a beaten player still experiences the impulse to demo the table his second-best hand. Your K9 outkicked by a KA? Don't demo me that in the misguided hope that I'll experience understanding for your plight. All I'll experience is delectation that you handed me a blazing failing in your game, and the adjacent time you play with a weak kicker like that hapless 9 I'll be right there to pick up the pieces.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?