Saturday, February 24, 2007

Poems of Nature

Nature
The sky is gray
On this late summertime day
As the sun imbues
Its assorted hues
Upon the scene.
A sight to be seen,
A beauty to behold,
A thousand campfire narratives to be told.
With the subsiding twilight
And the subsiding night
Comes the subsiding fog
About every log,
Every limb
As the visible light goes on to dim.
Yet, make you hear it?
Yes, a akin spirit,
As it beckons
To us, Nature's patrons,
Who believe deep ideas of
All things up above
And things all around
And escapades upon which to bound.
Well then,
Let's begin,
Before this great nighttime can end!
Nature II
As Iodine travel on to tread
The well-worn way between the trees,
Many ideas swim in my head
Of the bracing beauties
Of the crisp, clean air
Playing in my hair,
The rainbow
That have got begun to show
Over the tips of the trees,
The birds’ vocal symphonies,
And the sun-rays that warm my face
As I go through each open, sun-lit space.
Nature have its ain music,
Its ain specially tuned melody.
I never desire to lose it,
For what it intends to me,
I can never fully express,
Even as my feelings well up in my chest.
It is here in the forest,
This place of nature and spirit,
That I feel blessed,
And disregard the old habit
Of humankind
To mind
Its ain business
And bury about the wilderness.
Come friend,
Let’s walking this path again,
Before this great twenty-four hours can end!
Nature III
In that sky so immense,
I see clouds something dense,
Holding tight and tense,
Ready to drop their contents,
In order to rinse
And cleanse
All this poetic nonsense.
Yes, I'm guilty of many sins.
On this grayest of days,
While watching the lightning blaze,
I'm pondering my all too human ways,
Hoping to soon see hopeful sun rays,
To brighten my ain soul's shady grays.
I now realize,
That until our demise,
That which is good and right
In God's sight
Our nature often defies
And denies.
Nonetheless,
Let me not digress,
For I trust and work for the best,
And I must never rest,
For Supreme Being promises
Redemption and nil less
To those who would in Him believe
And their ain sinner state quickly leave.
Now, as we happen God's love strong and true,
We can get our escapades anew,
And bask nature once again,
Before this great twenty-four hours can end!
Nature IV
As I walk down the glossy beach,
I watch the moving ridges interrupt on the shore.
All nature's joyousness looks within reach,
And I bask it all the more.
Many are the sights that I behold:
Tons of people fishing on the pier,
Lovers whose whisperings will go untold,
And immature swimmers who have no fear!
Yet, even as I watch the birds,
And they plunge in to look for fish,
I recognize that even these words
Can't properly depict all this!
Nonetheless, the great tide of life
Still goes on to ebb away and flow.
Live by faith, for all of our strife
Will be solved by God, not what we know.
Now then, let's get this journeying again!
Let us walk down the beach manus in hand,
Until the afternoon tide come ups in,
And it overtakes us walking in the sand!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?